This soup comes in many different variations on the internet, and it couldn’t be easier to make this on a busy weeknight for a light and warm dinner. I have looked through a few recipes online and here is a combination of ingredients and spices that suits my taste.
My Carrot Ginger Soup
Ingredients: 1 can of chickpeas (washed and rinsed), 4 medium to large carrots (dirt scrubbed off and washed), a medium knob of peeled ginger (size of your thumb), 2 cloves garlic, 1 stalk of celery, 4 cups of vegetable broth ( I used vegetable cubes/about 4 cubes), 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp curry powder and 1/2 tsp paparika/chili powder, 1 tbsp of olive oil
Directions: 1) Saute garlic and celery in a stockpot until soft with olive oil;
2) Add in carrots and sautee for another 5 minutes;
3) Add salt, coriander powder, curry powder and chili powder, mix well;
4) Add vegetable cubes/stock together with about 4 cups of hot water;
5) Cover pot and let is simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes;
6) Add chickpeas and simmer for another 10 minutes,
7) Remove pot from the heat, leave it uncovered for about 10 minutes; 8) Blend the soup in a blender until smooth.
The result is a beautiful brightly colored creamy soup.
Make this today and have a great Sunday! 🙂