I’m referring to time and number crunching and not food crunching although the latter is definitely much more fun.
I have been working steadily to get everything completed for a big meeting tomorrow afternoon and hope to have some relaxing time this weekend, I can hear laundry, dogs, cats, dusty fans and floors calling my name. 😦
I’m munching on an apple right now although I just had lunch about an hour ago. The apple is already a bit bruised and I don’t really want to keep it for another day + another 1/2 banana leftover from breakfast. This will tide me well until dinner.
1/2 a banana to finish…
We made minestrone yesterday (one of my favorite!) for dinner. It had so much more flavor when I had it for lunch again today.
I’ve been following this recipe for years and I can’t remember which website that I got it from. It has a simple ingredients list and takes about an hour to cook, so I usually make a big pot and freeze some for emergencies.
2 medium carrots chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
2 medium zucchini chopped
8 medium tomatoes diced ( I mix in some cherry tomatoes this time because they were on their last leg)
small shaped pasta
1 can chickpea
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 bay leaves
grated parmesan cheese
– Saute onions and garlic in olive oil, then add carrot, celery and bay leave. Stir and let it cook until carrots are soft.
– Add herbs, tomatoes, zucchini & chickpeas. Set fire to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
– Once it’s nice & bubbling, add tomato paste, some black pepper and about 1 litre of water, add more if you like it more soupy. I like mine to be more stewy.
– Meanwhile in another pot, cook pasta as per instructions, drain and set aside. Also grate some cheese.
– Once the pot of soup is nicely bubbling, around 20 minutes, turn off fire, ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle on cheese and eat. It’s more delicious to have some break so soak up the soup.
I made garlic toast with homemade garlic butter to have it with the minestrone yesterday. It was really yummy!
– dried cranberries
– pumpkin seeds
– chocolate chips
This morning’s breakfast was H2H with milk and 1/2 a banana.