I totally did not crave for pasta tonight but I didn’t want to waste food, so I reheated yesterday’s pasta and split it it with the boyfriend for dinner. I had about a cup with some broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms on it.
I also made tomorrow’s lunch while I was reheating dinner, so I ended up having about 1/2 cup of tomato soup which I made for tomorrow.
I feel like a tomato right now with all the tomatoes that I just consumed. (pasta sauce, tomato soup) This soup is very tasty and filling. I made this with 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2 cans of cannellini beans for some protein, a tbsp of dried rosemary (fresh would taste much better) and chicken stock.
– Sautee onions and garlic in a little olive oil.
– Pour in tomatoes and let it simmer for 5 minutes, pour in beans and add chicken stock, about a litre.
– Add herbs and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until soup thickens.
– Remove from stove and let it cool down, about 1/2 hour.
– Blend the soup in until it’s semi chunky.
– Reheat soup on stop.
– Toast some bread with garlic butter. Eat.
I didn’t have the soup with bread as I was actually full after the pasta, but wanted to taste a little bit of the soup. I’m now stuffed. I’m so ready for bed but I need to get some stuff sorted out before I turn in. Goodnight!